New Collaboration and Data Analysis Tools Support Digital Transformation and Streamline Product Launch Timelines for Process-Based Manufacturers
New Orleans, LA–June 3, 2019 - Trace One, a leading global provider of formula-based product lifecycle management (PLM) software for food and beverage manufacturers, has announced a new version of its flagship product, Trace One Devex PLM. The latest release, Trace One Devex PLM 3.8, offers more deeply integrated product data management, labeling, compliance, and product portfolio analysis features that enable product developers to reduce bottlenecks in time to market while improving innovation decisions.
As part of this release, Trace One will be exhibiting at the 2019 IFT Annual Event and Expo on June 3-5 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Visit Trace One at booth 1257 to schedule a guided demonstration of the Trace One Devex PLM system.
“Manufacturers must meet an ever-increasing set of industry demands and product development needs, all while driving accelerated product time to shelf and remaining compliant,” said Jacopo Colombo, Trace One’s Chief Technology Officer. “The latest Trace One Devex PLM 3.8 PLM platform helps manufacturers reduce product time to market and development costs with integrated tools and processes that boost the collaboration, visibility, harmonization, validation, and traceability of data and actions performed at every stage of the product management lifecycle.”
Trace One Devex PLM 3.8 continues to offer a superior user experience for managing product lifecycle decisions with improved label creation, enhanced document collaboration options, and a new set of regulatory and Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) features.
With Trace One Devex PLM 3.8, manufacturers can take advantage of:
- New Innovation Management Dashboards: Trace One Devex PLM 3.8’s Innovation Process Management suite offers new interactive, visual charts in its portfolio dashboard, enabling manufacturers to make quick, accurate decisions around new product development and launch.
- Automatic Document Management: Users across departments can more efficiently collaborate on the most up-to-date versions of product documents using an enhanced PDF viewer and annotation tool that automatically tracks note sharing, document markups, and document versioning.
- Transparent Label Creation and Publishing: Product developers can easily create and format nutritional facts panels, ingredient and allergen statements with Trace One Devex PLM 3.8’s new visual, intuitive and dynamic set of labeling tools. Publish labels in digital formats.
- Updated EHS Legislation: Manufacturers can stay informed with new legislative requirements in the hazardous chemicals market due to a new framework for the UFI codes management, support of ADR 2019, new GHS modules, and new regulatory analysis for detergents.
- Robust Environmental Impact Analysis: Additional configurations for food loss calculations in Trace One’s Trace One Sustainability module allows manufacturers to more accurately track losses in food and packaging steps along with the environmental impact of production.
By unifying these critical aspects of New Product Development and Introduction (NPDI), Trace One continues to enable manufacturers to manage data-driven innovation, R&D, specification and formulation management, product portfolio management, compliance, and packaging all in one, which supports a seamless and continuous collaboration with suppliers and partners in a real-time quality monitoring solution.
Welch’s, one of the largest juice producers in the world, stresses the importance of using one integrated platform that can not only facilitate digital PLM steps, but also act as the single source of truth for product data for more intelligent, competitive time-to-market timelines.
The company currently uses Trace One Devex PLM to respond to create more efficient, data-driven decision making around new product research and development.
“Trace One Devex PLM has really transformed our ability to use more information faster and earlier on in the innovation process,” said Susan Kelley, Senior Research Scientist at Welch's. “When our sales team sees a need in the market for a product with a certain component, Trace One Devex PLM enables us to jump on it. With the material cost function, we can quickly evaluate how new materials will impact our M&I targets. Our product developers can then search all of the experimental or current ingredients in our portfolio and instantly use them in new formulas. With the labeling tool, we can also provide customers with nutritional facts panels before they even see the product.”
By streamlining the process steps and data management required for more efficient, analytics-driven product launch, Trace One continues to expand its international portfolio of companies using the Trace One Devex PLM system like Bacardi, Ghirardelli, Nestlé, Campari, Lindt, and many other leading global brands.
The IFT Expo will take place on June 3-5, 2019, and will showcase the latest innovations from technology leaders in the global food industry.
Trace One will be located at booth 1257 in the Exhibit Hall. For more information on Trace One Devex PLM, visit https://www.selerant.com/formula-based-product-lifecycle-management-software
About Trace One
Founded in 1990, Trace One Corporation is a leading global provider of formula-based product lifecycle management (PLM) software and consulting services within three core process manufacturing segments: Food & Beverages, Personal Care/Pharmaceutical, and Specialty Chemicals. From idea to label, Trace One ensures compliance and facilitates innovation for the entirety of formula-based PLM. Trace One has offices in the United States, Italy, China, Germany, France, Switzerland, India, Serbia, and Ukraine.
For media inquiries contact:
Trace One Marketing Manager